Car Washing & Complete Detailing in St. Louis
One way to explain how a car detailing service differs from a car wash is to compare it to the difference between your everyday morning shower and a day at the spa. While a car wash does a perfectly respectable job of making your car shiny and clean, a car detailing service gets into all the nooks and crannies and rejuvenates the car. And like a trip to the spa, many people schedule a car detailing in preparation for a special occasion, perhaps a big date, or a family reunion when they want their ride to look its best; down to the tiniest detail — thus its name.
Professional Vehicle Detailing
The first thing you should know is that, unlike a typical car wash, car detailing is done without using automated equipment. A true detail service involves careful handwashing at the hands of an experienced detailer. And you can expect him to give equal attention to the inside as well as the outside of the car or SUV.
In contrast to the quick soaping and rinsing your car gets at the car wash, the detailer will work on it until the exterior gleams. To this end, they will
- Spray the car with a pressurized hose, then hand washes the entire exterior, including the wheels and rims, door jams, windows, headlights and taillights, and side mirrors.
- Use a clay bar to remove surface scratches, impurities such as tar, sap, overspray, or any other residue that resisted the washing.
- Polish the car to counteract the normal dulling that results from everyday use and the beating it takes from the elements.
- Apply either a wax or sealant to give the vehicle a glossy shine.
- Scrub the tires and polish the hubcaps or rims.
Although the particulars of interior care will differ from detailer to detailer, the standard interior detail consists of
- Vacuuming the seats, headliner, carpeting, and rear cargo area or trunk.
- Brushing, scrubbing, and drying the floor mats, and in the case of stubborn stains, steam cleaning them.
- Using a glass cleaner to optimize clear driver vision.
- Cleaning any leather trim with saddle soap, leather soap or leather cleaner, and/or clean vinyl trim with soap and water or vinyl cleaner.
- Deodorizing or perfuming with a clean fresh scent.
Benefits of Detailing Your Car Regularly
In addition to improving the physical appearance of the car, detailing removes any contaminants that may have damaged its paint, chrome, trim, vinyl, or leather. In so doing, detailing slows down depreciation. As a result, you can reap its benefits at a higher price when you choose to sell the vehicle or trade it in.
At Sunset Ford Body Shop, we like to think we have the best detailers in the St Louis MO area, but we’ll let you be the judge. You don’t have to be involved in an accident to schedule our detailing service. Nor do you have to have a Ford to experience the tender loving care our family-run business has been giving St Louis area cars for over 107 years, spanning five generations. Come on in, your car will thank you.
Monday – Friday
Saturday and Sunday